Sunday, June 7, 2015

May 18- Ni Hao!

Ni Hao!

This has probably been the most stressful week of my mission! (Hopefully you all know me well enough to know that sometimes I am dramatic, it wasn't all THAT BAD! It was the kind of stressful that makes you laugh really hard :) God is good to us, as always!

Tuesday we had a meeting in Roseburg all day. It was spirit PACKED!! We learned about the things which we need to take back to our Zone's. We got to ride down with President and Sister Russell, BONUS! I love them both so much!

Wednesday we had another meeting in Roseburg! 

Friday we had another meeting, but thankfully this one wasn't in Roseburg!

Even though we had so many meetings this week, God still blessed us with a lot of amazing miracles! Sister Yeung was able to stay and do missionary work in our area while we were gone (blessings of a trio!) She found and taught someone the first lesson who is excited to learn more!

Also, I have been working on my Mandarin. For a while the only phrase I knew how to say REALLY well was, "I know the gospel of Jesus Christ.." the "is true" part was too difficult! We got to teach some Chinese lessons this week though, and that was an interesting experience. For the post part I don't know what is going on, but occasionally Sister Yeung will ask me to answer some of their questions! I LOVE THE CHINESE PEOPLE!!! They are amazing, and I love them to death. I am falling in love with their culture! It is really funny though, in Mandarin it is all about the tones. In English, tones dictate your emotion. In Mandarin, the tone changes the word meaning. So Chinese people don't understand the concept of "sarcasm!" HAHAHA I love it! Sister Yeung is also really bold missionary. She just got out of training, but has no problem stopping people on the streets. That is way more ahead of the game than I was when I first got out of training. She makes me and Sister Peterson laugh so hard because she is hilarious. The other day I said, "This is my companion, Sister Hong Kong." She wont stop teasing me about it! Also, the other day we were at dinner and someone said, "for dessert we have ice cream!" Sister Yeung started squealing in excitement. I told the member, "icecream is her favorite food." She quickly snapped at me and said, "No, first rice, then ice cream." HAHAHAHAHAHA it is true, she always has her little rice cooker going, breakfast and lunch!

I just have to say that I feel extremely blessed that God is trusting me to help establish the Chinese group here in Corvallis. I am imperfect, and for a while I was struggling because I have invested so much time into other people in Corvallis, and now president wants us to stop focusing on them and focus on finding Chinese investigators. This week I came across a scripture which I have read many MANY times, but it hit me really hard this time! It is Alma 29: 1-3, "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, i would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth. But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I OUGHT TO BE CONTENT WITH THE THINGS WHICH THE LORD HATH ALLOTTED UNTO ME." I realized that I need to be content with everything God gives me, whether that is 6 weeks in corvallis or a year! Whether God needs me to be focusing on people I have in the past, or a new group of people! We all need to be content with the things which the Lord has given unto us!

Wo zhidao yesu jidu defuin shi zhen shi de!

(I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true! That is "pin yin," not actual mandarin. I don't know any of the characters!)

Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment