Sunday, June 7, 2015

April 27th- BEAVER TOWN

                                                      
                                       FOR TOMORROW WE DIE.
FAMILIA,

This was the fastest week on my entire mission. We are going into the last week of the transfer, and I am praying with my whole heart that I get to stay in Corvallis with Sister Peterson! I have never wanted to stay in an area this bad, which probably means I am going to get transferred out, but we shall see!

MIRACLES OF THE WEEK:

Remember how I told you we tracted into Trinh? She is vietnamese? Well, she came to church this Sunday. I was nervous that she wouldn't understand what is going on, but she felt the spirit super strong! In gospel principles our lesson was on, "The Life of Christ." She told me, "I want to say something." I was super nervous, but she ended up bearing an AMAZING testimony on Jesus Christ! SHE IS SO GOLDEN. 

Next, we found someone in our areabook who was a potential, Amber. She grew up with a lot of Mormon friends and told us, "I have always wanted to read the Book of Mormon, but I was always nervous it would challenge my beliefs. I am excited to read from it with you now!" ALSO GOLDEN. The first thing she told us when we showed up at her house was, "I have always wanted to go to one of your church meetings!"  

GOD IS PREPARING THE HEARTS OF HIS CHILDREN. 

Here is a scripture I loved this week!

Alma 36:27 And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.

God can deliver us from our bondage's, but I got thinking about HOW? What does his look like?

For example, the Jews wanted to be delivered a certain way- a specific way. They knew that Christ would come and deliver them, and they were expecting a physical deliverance. They were so caught up in how THEY thought they were "supposed" to be delivered, they didn't notice when the deliverance came. They are still waiting for a deliverance which has all ready happened. I know that God can deliver us-He all ready has delivered us. He has delivered me. I, however, have not been delivered physically. Often times, that is the way I wish that I could be delivered. I wish that God would physically deliver me from my weaknesses, that they wouldn't be a part of me anymore. I have come to understand that God does deliver me, every day. He all ready has delivered me through His son Jesus Christ. The price has been paid, but this deliverance is in a way that I don't expect in my everyday life. Is He capable of physically delivering me? Of course. The true deliverance comes as I learn patience battling with the weaknesses I face every single day. I have been delivered from physical death and spiritual death, one day being able to be resurrected and live with God again. Have I been delivered from my weaknesses right now? No. Death  Let us not be like the people of Jerusalem when Christ came, and understand that Christ does deliver us, in his own time and in his own way. Never the way we ask for, but the way we secretly hope for.

LOVE YOU! 

Sister Jones
 
p.s. Also, you know how everyone says that Utah drivers are crazy? They are.
 
                                     Gelato. It's an oregonian thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment