Saturday, June 6, 2015

Mar 23rd- Leprechauns and Transfers

HOLA FAMILIA!!!

Interesting week. Every week is an interesting week, what am I kidding?

First off, this week was finals week. The upcoming week is spring break. No one wants to talk with missionaries during finals, and EVERYONE is going to be out of town next week. We will see what trouble we can get too... 


ON CAMPUS WITH OUR GIANT FREE POSTER. We are with the Elders and the Chinese missionaries!

This week was "Book of Mormon" week in our mission. I know, really every week is Book of Mormon week, but this week our mission decided to make it a competition. Sister Crabb and I decided to set up a booth on campus. We had the elders make a giant sign that said FREE it bright red letters. (We most definitely know our audience) It was super fun, and we got to talk to SO MANY people about the BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD. We also had a couple of funny experiences that I would love to share!

1. A man singled me out amongst a crowd and prophesied to me about my spiritual talents and my standing before God. I appreciated the concern, but it was the second weirdest experience I have had this week. He practically looked into my soul for a solid three minutes and told me about my life... weird. He wasn't interested in a Book of Mormon. HAHA!

2. This was the weirdest experience. I met a Leprechaun. He was wearing a neon green wig, was wearing rainbow suspenders, and was riding around campus on a bike with a yellow trailer behind us. He cornered Sister Crabb, me, and a member and started recording our conversation WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION. He told us he is in charge of a podcast and he was going to put us on the show. It was super awkward and long story short we told him he didn't have permission to use our recording. However, I am not too worried, but if there is a podcast that goes huge and it is episode eight of "spirit of the forest" and there is a voice which sounds like mine, it is probably because it is. I MIGHT BE FAMOUS. (God still loves everyone.) 

We ended up passing out 15 Books of Mormon over two days. YES. CHECK. God is good. No one wants to meet with us until after the brake, but that is ok because we have a lot of contact information. Keep praying for us to be led to those who God has prepared!

We also got transfer calls... Sister Crabb is getting shipped off to Eugene YSA. I WAS SO SAD. We got along so great and had so much fun together! I am training a new STL, Sister Peterson, which will be interesting since I don't know what I am doing still. She gets here later tonight, so I don't know a lot about her, other than she came out with me and is probably awesome. God likes to ask me to do things I don't know how to do, but somehow I get through it! (Actually, it is proof that the atonement is real. I TRULY couldn't do this without Him.)

                                              We went to lunch with some of the sisters in our zone!

Nicole is SO CLOSE to baptism. I don't know if I have told you about her yet... she just needs to come to church one more time. It is so sad to see, she has the strongest desire, but her boss wont let her off of work. Satan is working so hard in her life. 

I am grateful for all these wonderful people I am able to meet and work with! Have I ever told you that I LOVE the gospel? Well, if not, I LOVE THE GOSPEL. I know that Jesus Christ lived and died for us, and that we can rely on him through the good times as well as the bad. 

READY TO FIND, TEACH, AND BAPTIZE THIS NEXT TRANSFER!

Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment