Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dec 15th- I am Singing in the Rain!

Aloha Family!! 
 
I have  officially graduated from being a student missionary. I got a real name tag. I have never felt so relieved in my entire life (no I am not dramatic). Here are some random things which made up my week.
Wednesday Sister Carter was practicing for a musical thing for zone conference. (she was going to be practicing LIKE ALL DAY) I usually get ornery when we don't do missionary work for long periods of time, so she sent me out on an exchange with another sister! We taught a lesson to a part member family. The mom is less active and the dad is a VERY opinionated non-member. Needless to say, I like him a lot! The SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG. You could almost feel it in the room! Even though he told me he refuses to take the discussions... I am convinced that he will. (YOU CANT DENY THE HOLY GHOST) (well, actually you can, you will just go to outer darkness) (but I am not making a final judgment) 
 
Then, that same day, I called someone to confirm a dinner appointment, the lady said, " is this sister Carter?" Me... "no." Her... "Oh, you just don't sound as chirpy as usual, so I figured it was Sister Carter." The two of us couldn't figure out which one she was insulting. 
 
Thursday was zone conference! It was an extremely emotional day. I guess that is what happens when you feel the spirit! We had to leave early because sister Carter had a doctors appointment. but we discussed the basics of the gospel; Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, and Joseph Smith. President and Sister Russell are amazing. 
 
Friday we had the Ward party. Stressful, yet awesome. As a missionary you feel the need to talk to everyone in the entire room, but you can't. We are only one person. I say that, even though there is two of us, you are still basically only one person. You can't stray too far from each other. 
Saturday we taught an interesting lesson to Joey and Rachel. They are 11 and 8. Joey has ADD and ADHD. Use your imagination. As crazy as you are imagining this lesson in your head is how crazy it was in real life, trust me. They also have a dog which I am convinced has ADD and ADHD as well. It bit Sister Carter in the bum. Yes, that happened in the lesson as well. *sigh* life as a missionary, there is never a dull moment. Well, the dull moments are few and far in between. 
 
Since it is Christmas we have been going caroling with our district! It starts to get dark at four, and by the the eight o clock rolls around, no one wants to talk to you! Caroling is a great way to find late at night! It is amazing to watch family come together, their faces light up, and little kids get giggly as we go around singing. No one even get mad we are on their front porch! IT IS SO MUCH FUN! one day it was pouring rain, it just added to the adventure! (Also, right now it is snowing outside. Winter has officially started)
 
Here is a good quote I came across this week! "Remember that casualness in spiritual matters never was happiness. Make the Church and the restored gospel your whole life, not just a part of your outward or social life. Choosing this day whom you will serve is lip service only--until you actually live accordingly." -Elder Klebingat. The gospel only works if you embrace every aspect of it and implement it into your life!! We need to choose TODAY where we stand! "Choose you this day whom ye will serve.. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)." The gospel is true! I love it with my whole heart! I am honored to be serving the Lord!
 
Asta mañana! (Why did no one ever tell me Asta lavista means see you never? I say that all the time! I will see you all again one day :)
 
Sister Jones 

PS.Here are the two of us testing out Skype. We are both making our
CLASSIC faces. Haha love sister Carter!

No comments:

Post a Comment