Sunday, June 8, 2014

It's official-she's a missionary!

Before Corinne was set apart as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, she was nervous and felt very inadequate to teach the gospel.  She said she has lived her whole life around Mormons in Morgan County and was apprehensive about preaching to total strangers who didn't believe or even know anything about the gospel. She was teaching me a lesson yesterday afternoon as I was pretending to be the investigator and I asked her a couple of questions that threw her for a loop.  "My invisible friend that I have been teaching to in my mind never ask any questions!" she said. I think this made her realize that she will have her work cut out for her. But in her setting apart she was promised many wonderful things, one of which was confidence in her ability to teach with power and authority and that the mysteries of the gospel would be opened to her mind as she studied. She was also blessed that she will see those around her as Christ sees them, recognizing the potential and worth of each person she comes in contact with, including her companions :).

Corinne adding her photo to the missionary board in the Stake Center. We now have 13 missionaries from our ward!

 
We all went home and cried (except the boys, who aren't quite as emotional as the rest of us.). Little Gabriella said, with tears rolling down her cheeks, "So Corinne's not going to be here for my birthday? And who is going to jump on the tramp with me all summer? Corinne is my best friend!"
 
But the next morning the tears were gone and there was an excitement in the air. You should have seen Corinne in her missionary attire with a huge smile on her face and eyes sparkling, ready to conquer the world, or at least the part of the world around Eugene, Oregon! I felt like Hannah, offering my child to the Lord. I know that He will take good care of her while she is doing his work...We sure love this girl and although we will miss her terribly, we are so excited for her and the great adventure she will have for the next 18 months of her life!




No comments:

Post a Comment