Monday, September 1, 2014

Aug. 25th- I AM TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!

Howdy!

Refer to the title of my email. Now freak out. ;) President called us on Friday night! We new that something big was going to happen because normally President doesn't call to relay the message. He said, "The only thing constant is change." The first thing that flashed through my mind was.. "OH MY GOSH HE IS GOING TO MAKE ME LEARN CHINESE." (they are making a giant push for Chinese speaking missionaries in the OEM) But then he said I am training a new missionary which ties my stomach in a knot just as much as learning another language! I still don't know what I am doing 80% of the time, but I know that Heavenly Father knows where we need to be and who we need to be with. It will be a huge learning experience, and I know that whom the Lord chooses the Lord qualifies! 
                       Here's a selfie of Sister Hamilton and me with Mariah. I love this girl!

On Tuesday Elder Nielson of the seventy came to visit! It was such a spiritual experience! I couldn't write fast enough to keep up with all of the wonderful things which they were talking about! Sister Nielson talked to us about finding holiness in everyday life! She talked about how holiness can only be learned in opposition. We need to change our perspective on things in order to see the GOOD which is in everything! (She gave the example of.. instead of looking at her disastrous house as a young mother and becoming upset, she would be grateful that there was someone in the world who cared enough about her children to buy them clothes, toys, and feed them so they don't go hungry.) My favorite thing Elder Nielson talked about was what it truly means to have faith in Jesus Christ. We aren't suppose to have faith in prayer, in fasting, in blessings, but faith in Jesus Christ. If we have faith in Jesus Christ then we believe that he has the power to answer prayer, the power to heal through fasting and blessings, but we also understand that if we aren't healed that our faith is still in Jesus Christ, not in the healing itself. (for example, he asked, would you still believe the church was true if an apostle feel away? He boldly declared, I would! My faith isn't in the apostles, it is in Jesus Christ! It would be sad how many peoples conversion would be affected, but it wouldn't affect his.) All around it was just a very uplifting experience!

That was probably the highlight of the week! We had an interesting lesson with a man named Robert who wears ski goggles everywhere and is constantly talking about something scientific. It would probably be HILARIOUS to watch Sister Hamilton and mine's blank faces! Something about citric acid? But he read Enos and is convinced it is a prophesy of his life, which is fantastic! Needless to say we are handing him over to the elders.

We got to meet the man walking around Coquille with a cow on a leash. That is pretty exciting since he is pretty famous. 

Other than that I can't figure out what happened this week since every day in my journal I am either writing anxiously about transfer calls coming up or freaking out that we got transfer calls. Things are going great though, I love coquille, my mission, and all of the wonderful people here! The church is true!

I will let you know if I am still alive by the end of next week ;)

LOVE YOU ALL!

Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment