Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Oct 13- FYI: THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE.

Great story for the week!

We were out tracting and a man we were talking to told us he wasn't
interested and went inside. We heard is son say, "they were really
pretty." "They were, weren't they?" #itsthespirit #awkotaco
#mormonglow

Also, for the first time, Sister Vance and I attempted Facebook
tracting! Super creepy, but I am actually undecided about what form of
missionary work is the most creepy... (Stalking your cyber self or
your real home... Hmmm...) you basically find people within your area
and send them a message. No success yet, but it is to be continued...

President Russell is awesome and had every zone throw Olympics! Here
is our lovely pic to document the moment :) love these people! And
yes, the segregation is real :)

 We had a pretty good week. There is a SUPER prominent lady in Coquille
who we are friends with, (named Pam Smith) and we do a lot of service
with her. She introduces us to EVERYONE in the town as her friends
(she isn't interested in the gospel, but we meet so many people
through her we keep in touch.) We are always out in the community
cleaning up, meeting women on the city council, on and on... A couple
weeks ago we were doing service and one of Pam's friends started
asking me questions about the gospel. We aren't allowed to proselyte
while serving, but if people ask questions we can answer. Anyway, I
answered all of her questions and honestly didn't think anything of
it. This week, we did more service, and her friend told me... "I have
been thinking a lot about what we talked about. For the first time,
Mormonism makes sense. People use to always tell me that you had the
Book of Mormon, then when people started to question, you decided you
also believed in the bible. From what you told me, it sounds like you
were questioning the bible so then you needed the Book of Mormon to
clarify. So anyway I was just wondering, could I borrow one of your
books? I promise I will give it back after I read it." Umm... We only
loan them out for a month, so could you please have it read by then?
;) #godisgood #thisishiswork

Another miracle! Julie is another lady we had been meeting with. Our
lessons with her are always SO SPIRITUAL. She always just cries and
cries! One day she told her mom that she was meeting with us, and her
mom got SO MAD. (granted, Julie is like 50) Her mom told us a lot of
horrible things about us. Last week she called us and told us she
doesn't want to meet with us anymore. She wanted to start going to
church because she remembers the spirit she felt there, but just not
our church. We were devastated, but had a large print Book of Mormon
we wanted to drop off anyway! We went to her house and started talking
about the Book of Mormon and how she felt when she read it. She
explained to us that she felt closer to God while reading the Book of
Mormon, and it helped her a lot in her life. (THAT IS THE SPIRIT) We
got talking some more and we felt impressed that she needed to pray
about the Book of Mormon right then and there. She was apprehensive,
but eventually did anyway. It was the most POWERFUL PRAYER I have ever
heard/felt. Looking into Julie's eyes I understood what "holiness"
means. She was a little taken aback as well! However, she still is
going to attend a different church, then come to our church and make a
final decision. I testify, however, that the power of prayer is real.
We can all continually receive that confirmation that the Book of
Mormon is true.

I love you all!

Sister Jones

P.S. Sorry, I didn't get to send this to everyone because I am sending
it from my lovely iPad. In the states we are spoiled ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment