Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Aug. 17th- Deep thoughts from Sister Jones

Hello from Grants Pass!

I don't cry, but throughout the week I felt like randomly bursting into tears.THE HOLY GHOST IS REAL.

One instance was when Bobby gave us his last four cigarettes. Four. How easy would it have been to just smoke the last four cigarettes? WHO DOES THAT? I felt the spirit so strong has he demonstrated his sincere desire to follow the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Another instance was when Monika came to church. My favorite smell in the chapel is the smell of smoke. Someone is trying their best to come closer to the Savior. I know that God notices the little things and the efforts which we make. "A saint is a sinner which keeps on trying." Just because you can't smell my sins doesn't mean they aren't there, but the smell of smoke is the definition of a SAINT. 

One day we finished daily planning and I reflected on our day. I thought about how at the beginning of my mission I might have described the day as, "long, hot, and unproductive." That really wasn't what I thought. I felt so humbled to know that I represented the Savior that day in talking to everyone about the gospel. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else than walking around and sharing our unique message to the world. 

The gospel is true! I love a scripture in Alma 15:16 which says, "And it came to pass that Alma and Amulek, Amulek having forsaken all his gold, and silver, and his precious things, which were in the land of Ammonihah, for the word of God, he being rejected by those who were once his friends and also by his father and his kindred;" Amulek gave up EVERYTHING for the gospel. His worldly wealth, the people who he associated with.. WHY?? BECAUSE IT IS TRUE. None of those things come close to comparing with the joy which comes from understanding the atonement!

I love you all!

Sister Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment