Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 29-GP

Temple Trip:





I love this place :)
So on Monday I had dinner with Sister Sill (from Mtn. Green) and her friend from the ward. They asked me my deepest darkest secret and I couldn't think of one other than I always wet my pants (which I have only done once on my mission). So guess what they do? Text mom and ask. Mom told them about the time I got a ticket for weaving in and out of construction cones. Darn it. She also told them about the gold fish story at college... If you haven't heard that story, ask me after my mission. Way to build member trust right? ;) 
Tender mercy of the week: we were on our way to an appointment and there was a grandma and her kids going on a walk. As we drove by the Spirit said, "Stop and talk to them." Silly spirit, we are late for an appointment. Our appointment fell through and so we were driving back and the family was still walking. The Spirit said, " Really, talk to them." This time I obliged; we pulled over and I talked to them. Guess what? The grandma was less than enthused I had stopped her. She was REALLY not interested, but one of the grand daughters was named Bekah, and the other went by Gabbi. That was pretty cool. I didn't think anything of it and we drove away. 
 
Later in the week we received a member referral and as I knocked on the door guess who answered? Bekah! I was super confused, and her mom came to the door and she said, "Bekah told me about a missionary who had sisters named Bekah and Gabbi! Come on in!" So we came in and talked to the mom and Bekah. Long story short, I adopted Bekah as my younger sister, the mom Holly cried, and they want us to come back. The Lord works in marvelous ways! Moral of the story: I should listen to the Spirit the first time around! 
 
Another tender mercy. During sacrament meeting, Lilly, our 9 year old going on 20 investigator, leaned over, gave me a hug and whispered, "Thanks for teaching me about my loving Father in Heaven." I wanted to start crying. If that isn't joy, I don't know what is. 
 
Other highlights: Shadee, (pronounced Shawtie in a gangster voice) is super golden and remembered the whole restoration. 
Bobby, the father of the Gandy family, is reading the Book of Mormon like crazy. The rest of his family isn't as into it. Keep them in your prayers! 
Good things are happening in Beacon Hill! Remember how I said I am never leaving Corvallis? Well, now I am never leaving Beacon Hill. I need to learn to trust God. You think I would have it figured out by now don't you? 
 
Miracle: did I mention last week our house had an ant problem? When we showed up, no one had lived in our apartment for three weeks. There were dirty dishes in the sink... And ants everywhere. Not like an ant here or there... Our counters are black so you could t actually see the ants, you could just see our counter top moving. Ha ha! We finally got rid of all the ants this week :) Hallelujah! 
Also, I am still alive even though this week it hit 113 degrees. No joke. I am some wicked awesome tan lines though! Walking around in that kind of weather builds character :) 

Good things are happening in Oregon! 

I love you all! The gospel is true! 

Sister Jones 

No comments:

Post a Comment